In this article, we will be sharing with you all the Cable TV For Low-Income Families And Seniors. Nowadays, entertainment has become so important to take a break from stressful work lives that it has nearly become a basic service. But the high costs can be a bummer. Not to worry anymore as you can get the cheapest and most affordable Cable TV For Low-Income Families And Seniors too.
If you want to know about the best affordable cable TV plans for low income families and senior citizens then check out the below article!
Most affordable Cable TV For Low-Income Families And Seniors
Given below are some of the most affordable Cable TV For Low-Income Families and Seniors. Just because one cannot afford to spend a lot on entertainment does not mean they are not entitled to it. Television is one of the most common forms of entertainment. So here we are sharing with you all the cheapest cable TV for low income families and senior citizens so that they too can afford cable TV.
Cox Affordable Cable TV Plans for Low Income
If you are looking for cheapest cable TV plans for low income families, then Cox is your answer. Starting from just $25 per month, you get over 70 channels. You can check their plans below.
The starter pack includes channels like – ABC, FOX, PBS, CBS, NBC, etc. With the Contour package, you additionally get the flexibility to add channels according to your needs.
With Cox, you also get a powerful Record 6-HD DVR, that is nearly $19.99 per month more than the average DVR. This DVR can record over 6 shows at one time.
Cox Cable TV Plans
- TV Starter package – Over 70 Channels at $25.00 per month.
- Contour TV – Over 140 Channels at $64.99 per month.
- Cox has affordable package TV plans for low income families
- They offer Superior DVR
- They also have an On the Go App which can be used for online streaming
- The DVR is expensive.
Dish TV Affordable Cable Deals
Dish TV is one of the most common and affordable Cable TV Packages options. One of the cool features of Dish TV is that they offer great discounts to deserving customers just by proving their case in front of the company. You can check their plans below for a clear idea.
Dish TV Cable TV Plans
- America’s Top 120 – 190 Channels at $59.99 per month.
- America’s Top 120 Plus – More than 190 Channels at $69.99 per month.
- America’s Top 200 – More than 240 Channels at $79.99 per month.
- America’s Top 250 – More than 290 Channels at $89.99 per month.
You will be amazed to know that Dish TV also runs another cable tv service by the name Flex TV brand that offers free HBO in the first 3 months of a subscription. Given below are the Flex TV Plans.
Dish TV Flex TV Cable TV Plans
- Dish LATINOClassico – Over 185 Channels at $37.99 per month.
- DishLATINO Plus – Over 190 Channels at $44.99 per month.
- DishLATINO Dos – 225 Channels at $62.99 per month.
- DishLATINO Max – Over 270 Channels at $74.99 per month.
- The Dish Cable TV packages are affordable.
- Dish TV offers more channels for less price.
- They charge additionally for HD channels.
Read More: Deals On Metro PCS Phones For Current Customers
Xfinity Affordable Cable TV Plans for Low Income
Xfinity is one of the most well-known Cable TV Service providers that offer cheap cable TV plans for low income families and senior citizens. Their basic package has 140 channels for $49.99 per month for a 12-month contract.
The DVR is average but it can constitute over 100 hours of HD recordings wherein you can also record up to 6 shows at a time. Also, if you opt for the X1 DVR, you will get a voice-controlled remote as well as Netflix integration.
Xfinity Cable TV Plans
- Digital Starter – 140 Channels at $49.99 per month.
- Digital Preferred – Over 220 Channels at $59.99 per month.
- Digital Premier– Over 260 Channels at $104.99 per month.
- They have some affordable cable TV packages
- Xfinity offers a strong X1 DVR
- There are no contract-based plans involved.
- They charge additional fees
- The customer service of Xfinity is not exactly the best
Spectrum Affordable Cable TV Plans for Low Income
Spectrum is one of the well-known Cable service providers that extend their services to low-income people, senior citizens, and the needy. If you do not want to get into any contract with a cable provider then you can give it a try to Spectrum.
You do not have to sign a multi-year contract in order to join the network. This means that you will be able to switch to any other cable TV service anytime you wish to. You also get a DVR when you subscribe to their service. This DVR offers 75 hours of HD storage and also features recording two shows simultaneously.
Spectrum Cable TV Plans
- TV Select – Over 125 Channels at $49.99 per month.
- TV Silver – Over 175 Channels at $69.99 per month.
- TV Gold– Over 200 Channels at $89.99 per month.
- You do not have to sign up for any contracts.
- The Spectrum Cable TV packages are affordable.
- Spectrum might charge hidden costs.
- The DVR is not up to the mark.
AT&T U-Verse Affordable Cable TV Plans for Low Income
AT&T U-Verse is yet another TV network offering High Definition service-ready DVR which is capable of recording four shows at a time. Not only you can record simultaneously with this amazing cable service but also store over 165 hours of HD or 460 hours of SD content through the Total Home DVR.
AT&T Cable TV Plans
- U-Family – Over 180 Channels at $49.99 per month.
- U-200 – Over 370 Channels at $69.99 per month.
- U-300 – Over 485 Channels at $74.99 per month.
- U-450 – Over 550 Channels at $124.99 per month.
- You get a free DVR with all the AT&T Cable TV Plans.
- They also have an app that is compatible with many devices.
- Not available nationwide.
Optimum Affordable Cable TV Plans for Low Income
Another cable TV provider is the Optimum Cable TV service that offers affordable cable TV plans to low-income people as well as seniors so that they can have entertainment. The Core plan of this service is very useful and affordable. You get over 220 channels for just $59.99 each month. You can check all of their plans below –
Optimum Cable TV Plans
- Optimum Core TV – Over 220 Channels at $59.99 per month.
- Optimum Select TV – Over 340 Channels at $74.99 per month.
- Optimum Premier TV – Over 420 Channels at $104.99 per month.
- You can also use the recording feature simultaneously
- They do not make contract-based service mandatory
- They have great coverage of sports channels.
- The premium services are available in just 3 states.
Comcast Affordable Cable TV Plans for Low Income
Comcast is another Cable service provider that offers cable plans and services through the Xfinity cable. Basically, Comcast aims to offer cable services to senior citizens. They can get a 10% discount on the local cable news like CBS, NBC, etc.
Comcast has a few packages like the Internet Essentials plan for $9.95 per month including taxes. You get 15.2 Mbps high-speed internet through this plan. This plan can be used by seniors of age 62 years or above. There is no activation or rental fees involved.
- They do not charge any rental fees or activation fees
- Comcast has cheap cable TV Plans
- The basic local channel news for the Essential Package
- The basic package is limited to just seniors above the age of 62 years
Mediacom Affordable Cable TV Plans for Low Income
Mediacom is yet another Cable TV provider that offers some affordable cable tv plans with a variety of options like TV Shows, movies, sports, news, and so on. This cable operator has integration to TiVo which offers over 1000 TiVo DVR recording hours.
Through Mediacom, there are not many Although there are no standalone cable TV plans offered by Mediacom, you can always customize any internet bundle using the below DVR choices.
Mediacom Cable TV DVR options
- Local 60 Double Play – Over 50 Channels at $48.98 per month.
- Silver 60 Double Play – Over 170 Channels at $69.98 per month.
- Silver 60 Triple Play – Over 170 Channels at $69.98 per month.
- Xtream Silver 100 Triple Play-C – Over 170 Channels at $89.98 per month.
- Xtream Gold 100 Showtime® Triple Play – Over 220 Channels at $109.98 per month.
- Xtream Gold 100 HBO® Triple Play – Over 220 Channels at $109.98 per month.
- Xtream Platinum 100 Triple Play – Over 270 Channels at $129.98 per month.
- Offers High Definition Channels through HD Box
- Has a TV Everywhere app through which you can watch Live TV anywhere
- Slightly expensive as compared to other Cable TV Providers
Can seniors get a discount on cable?
Yes, seniors can get discounts on Cable TV Packages. Many cable TV providers have various packages and programs for seniors. For example, Comcast has a low-income program for seniors more than 62 years age. They also have an internet essential program which offers high-speed internet as well as local cable news at the rate of $9.95 per month.
How can I get basic cable for free?
It is not as easy to get Cable TV for free. There will be some setup costs that one has to pay for setting up the cable TV. But the good news is, that you can access Over-The-Air local HD Channels without paying if you have an HD TV with an antenna and a tuner. If you have broadband internet, then you can forget your traditional Cable TV and
What is the cheapest cable TV package?
The cheapest cable TV package is offered by Cox at $25 per month. The Xfinity Choice Limited TV offers a basic package of $30 per month and Spectrum offers a basic package of $29.99 too. These two would be the cheap cable TV Package providers.
What is the best alternative for cable TV?
Internet streaming definitely is the best alternative for cable TV. It is not only a cheap alternative to Cable TV but also offers a lot of variety and options to choose from.
What channels do you get on basic cable?
On a basic cable TV package, you can get channels like ABC, CBS, FOX, PBS, and similar other public-access local channels.
I hope you all found the article on best affordable Cable TV For Low-Income Families And Seniors useful. Given the above were the best affordable cable TV options from different providers like Dish TV, At&T, Cox, Infinity, and so on.
If you have any queries about the above article, then feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Keep visiting us more for such helpful articles!
Charlotte Moore is a technology expert with a background in internet services. With years of experience in the industry, Charlotte has developed a deep understanding of all things tech. In her free time, she enjoys reading about the latest advancements in the field and exploring new ways to help low-income communities access essential technology. Her passion for both technology and helping others shines through in her writing, making her a valuable contributor to any publication. When she’s not working, Charlotte can be found lost in a good book or brainstorming new initiatives to support those in need.
Revisit a section