Free deals are now attracting almost everyone in the world. No matter the age and income. Those who can’t afford the prices set for smartphones, laptops, and tablets are reaching providers to grab the deals. But, most of them are not aware of the eligibility criteria, documents required, and how to apply for a TruConnect free tablet deal.
If you’re one of them who is looking for how to get free tablet via TruConnect, this guide ahead shows you the entire process of how to get TruConnect free tablet.
TruConnect is America’s first prepaid broadband provider that is committed to offering mobile devices as well as affordable talk, text, and data plans under T-Mobile’s nationwide network. It is an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) founded by Matthew Johnson in 2011, in Los Angeles, CA.
Still today, it is the only Lifeline provider (ETC) offering pay-as-you-go and portable Wi-Fi service plans. Besides, TruConnect also offers quality and up-to-date smartphones, affordable plans, free unlimited calling, and hotspots to its consumers under the T-Mobile network. But, not for everyone who applies for TruConnect free tablets.
TruConnect provides free services and free gadgets to only Lifeline or EBB eligible citizens and consumers whose income is below the federal poverty level. It means if you’re Lifeline-eligible then you’ll qualify for TruConnect free tablet without a question.
Let’s ride further to get the detailed information about the documents required, eligibility criteria, and How to apply for a TruConnect tablet.
What is TruConnect?
Revisit a section
TruConnect is an American virtual network operator (MVNO) that sells mobile hotspots, smartphones, 3G/4G LTE mobile data plans, and prepaid cell phone talk & text plans under T-mobile’s network. It was founded by Matthew Johnson in 2011, in Los Angeles, CA, and is America’s first prepaid broadband provider to offer pay-as-you-go and portable Wi-Fi service plans.
TruConnect sells as well as offers free services to Lifeline-eligible low-income citizens. Also, provides discounts on broadband services and connective devices like laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc., through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) when participants meet their set of requirements to get benefitted.
It means for those who need affordable and reliable devices and internet on the go, TruConnect is one of the best sources available to get benefited with free gadgets and internet-related services.
Does TruConnect Really Offer Free Tablets?
TruConnect free tablet which is offered for Lifeline-eligible low-income citizens is provided in partnership with Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program or Lifeline program. However, TruConnect free tablets for eligible consumers are not real. We know it is shocking news for you. But, what you heard is real.
What it does is, that TruConnect gives discounts worth $100 on tablets with a co-pay of just $10 to $50. So that the low-income citizens and Lifeline-eligible customers can easily buy a free tablet without investing the total amount as mentioned on the M.R.P.
To get qualified, you must be EBB or Lifeline eligible. So that you’ll be offered a tablet at a discount after you choose the type and model of the tablet. Check the below lines to know the documents required and how to qualify for TruConnect free tablet.
What are the Documents Required for TruConnect Free Tablet?
To get TruConnect free tablet, you must be Lifeline or EBB eligible since TruConnect also provides free tablets through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). To get qualified for any of these programs, the following are the documents you have to provide for verification. So, get down and verify that you’ve all these documents with you.
- An official document that shows your identity such as a passport, state ID, other government-issued ID, Driving License, U.S. Military ID, Social Security Number, Tribal Identification Number, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number is required
- For address verification, state ID, Tribal ID, or another government-issued ID, utility bill, etc., will be asked.
- For showing that you’re from a low-income household, Federal, or Tribal tax returns, a current income statement from your employer or a paycheck stub, or a Social Security statement of benefits is enough.
- For proving your qualifying assistance program participation, you need an approval letter, benefit award letter, or statement of benefits. And for proving your substantial loss of income, layoff/furlough notice, unemployment application, approval letter, or benefit statement, evidence of bankruptcy or business closure, etc., is compulsory.
- If you’re jobless, you have to provide a document showing loss of income due to job loss (including bankruptcy or business closure). For example, a layoff/furlough notice, an unemployment application, approval letter, or benefit statement, evidence of bankruptcy or business closure, and a document proving that your annual household income is now below $99,000 for single filers or $198,000 for joint fillers
- EBB participants must be above 18 years old or emancipated. If emancipated, you must provide a court document or certification proving their emancipated minor status.
You can provide these documents in the form of Xerox, pictures, or soft copies.
How do I Qualify for TruConnect Free Tablet?
You can’t move forward without getting eligible for Lifeline or EBB. So as to qualify for TruConnect free tablet, check the requirements they standardized and apply for TruConnect free tablet.
- Your income should be below 135% of the federal poverty level.
- The income payslips, tax documents, address proofs, and other certificates should prove that you’re a low-income resident of the country
- You or any of your household members should participate in one of the qualifying government assistance programs such as Medicaid, Food Stamps, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA), or Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- You or any of your household members should participate in one of the tribal assistance programs such as Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF), Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, or Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
How To Apply for TruConnect Free Tablet?
Getting qualified for TruConnect free tablet is a complicated process but applying for TruConnect free tablet is simple and can be done in a few simple steps.
If you’re here to know how to apply for TruConnect free tablet, follow the steps below and make sure that the information you provide is true.
1. TruConnect Free Tablet via National Verifier Website
Step 1: First things first, check that you meet at least one of the EBB eligibility requirements described above through the National Verifier.
Step 2: If you’re eligible for TruConnect free tablet, click on this link and visit the National Verifier official website to apply for TruConnect free tablet.
Step 3: Once you’re in, scroll the page and hit the button ‘Apply now. Then you’ll be redirected to the Affordable Connectivity Program official webpage. You can jump to the page through this link.
Step 4: Click ‘Apply now’ and provide all the details without errors in spelling and wrong details. When done, confirm whether you qualify independently or dependently.
Step 5: After creating your ACP account, attach all the eligibility documents and submit the form to get approved for ACP discounts.
Step 6: Finally, contact your ACP provider or TruConnect and select the plan according to your interests and get you TruConnect free tablet discounts.
In case you’d like to apply for TruConnect free tablet without any diversions, do as follows to apply for TruConnect free tablet via TruConnect official website.
2. TruConnect Free Tablet via TruConnect Website
Step 1: Use the link and land on the TruConnect official webpage.
Step 2: Look for the application form and provide all the details such as name, address, phone number, date of birth, etc. Then enter your ZIP code and email address and click “enroll now”.
Step 3: If your state is an eligible state, you will be allowed to proceed with the application.
Step 4: Finally, attach ACP eligibility documents and submit the form. Wait for approval and get your TruConnect free tablet.
Note – TruConnect offers only one tablet for every household.
Which Type of Tablet Does TruConnect Offer for Free or at Discounted Prices?
If you apply for a TruConnect free tablet through any active ACP program, an 8-inch Google Play certified android tablet with LTE connectivity is issued for you at a discount price of $100.
However, to get qualified, your income should be below 135% of the federal poverty level and your Lifeline or EBB eligible citizen.
For more details about the type of tablet offered by TruConnect, you can reach the customer team at 800-430-0443 anytime from Monday to Saturday 5 AM TO 9 PM PST.
In Which Areas Does TruConnect Offer Lifeline and ACP Program?
Currently, TruConnect Lifeline and ACP programs are available to residents in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawai’i, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands. The provider may add the rest of the states soon.
What Other Benefits Do I Get If I Qualify for the TruConnect EBB Program?
Along with the free tablet at a discounted price, citizens who are EBB or Lifeline eligible can also get one-month broadband internet service.
Besides, the TruConnect program also offers other benefits. They are listed below. Check the list and enjoy the benefits at a discounted price.
- California ACP plan offers eligible citizens 14 GB of 4G/LTE data and an additional data of 8 GB to Lifeline plan with Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- Lifeline customers outside of California are offered 12.5 GB of 4G/LTE data and an additional data of 8 GB to Lifeline plan with Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- TruConnect standalone service offers 8 GB of 4G/LTE data, wifi hotspot, and your choice of an LTE-enabled hotspot device or Google Play Certified LTE Android handset.
All these add-on benefits are offered to let low-income citizens stay connected with their loved ones, join virtual classrooms, stay in touch with work/health services, and more.
Are There Any Restrictions for TruConnect EBB and Lifeline Program
Both the programs offer free services and cell Phone to qualified citizens but are limited to only one device per household.
It means the rest of the family members become ineligible for the program if any of the family members benefited from the service.
You’re always welcome to upgrade or change your free tablet. To do so, contact customer care at
1 (800) 430-0443 or visit their nearby local stores. You can also replace the device if lost, stolen, or damaged by paying some amount.
TruConnect uses the T-Mobile network to provide services to customers since it has wide network coverage compared to other networks.
If you’re in need of a tablet, get yourself ready and enroll your name to get TruConnect free tablet. Programs like TruConnect are aimed to help the poor by providing free internet and free tablet. So, check the eligibility criteria to Lifeline or EBB and get all the necessary documents to apply for TruConnect free tablet.
If you find this post helpful, don’t forget to share it with your friends after receiving the tablet.