How can I
apply for food stamps?

Follow all steps 👉

 Contact your local SNAP office.

To apply for food stamp benefits, or for information about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

You can find local offices and each State's application on the USDA national map. Local offices are also listed in the State or local government pages of the telephone book.

The office should be listed under
 "Food Stamps,"
"Social Services,"
"Human Services,"
"Public Assistance," or
a similar title.
You can also call your State's SNAP hotline numbers.

Each State has its own application form. If your State’s form is not on the web yet, you'll need to contact your local SNAP office to request one.

Please don't call USDA or HHS headquarters as only your State accepts applications and determines eligibility.

+ + +


The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is administered by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Nutrition Service program.

+ +

+ +