Today we will be sharing with you all the Grants For Stay At Home Moms Apply Today. Being a woman isn’t easy and especially not when you have the responsibilities of yourself and others. A woman has to go through different phases in life that have an impact on her overall living.
No doubt the world is moving towards gender equality, yet the majority of women either drop out of their career or college for their inborn. This hinders a woman’s career and growth and eventually independence. But there are many women out there who still wish to carry on with their studies and professional lives.
And to help them, there are a number of organizations that make the process easier by giving education grants for women and moms. Here we share with you all some of the most popular organizations that offer grants for stay-at-home moms!
Grants For Stay At Home Moms
Given below is a list of the most popularly known organizations that work for the betterment of the people by giving them grants for education and giving financial assistance to help them access education, improve skills, and eventually get employment. So what is it that you are still waiting for? Go ahead and check them out!
PEO Program for Continuing Education Grant
Women helping women reach for the stars
PEO Program for Continuing Education Grant is a one-time need-based grants program directed towards the women who want to continue or complete a degree or certification program that can help women gain skills and thus employment.
The program helps women students with grants for academic as well as technical courses, including Online programs offered by institutions of the US or Canada. Just note that these grants cannot be used for living expenses or to pay educational loans.
The program, however, is applicable to only the women citizens or legal permanent residents of the US or Canada. One can get a maximum of $3,000 grant through the program. Through this program, the grant is awarded by making payment directly into the recipient’s bank account.
A PCE grant is a grant-in-aid for education-related expenses such as –
- Books, supplies
- Testing and graduation fees
- Transportation (only for estimated cost of gas, parking, and local bus fare, not for auto loan payments or maintenance)
- Childcare (only while in class or studying)
- Uniforms required by the educational program
- Equipment/tools necessary for the course of study
A woman is eligible for PEO Program for Continuing Education Grant if she:
- is a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or Canada
- is enrolled in a certification or degree program from an accredited institution
- is living and studying in the United States or Canada for the entire course of study
- has had at least 24 consecutive months as a non-student sometime in her adult life
- is within 18 consecutive months of completing her educational program, which, at the conclusion of, will lead to employment or job advancement.
How to apply for PEO Program for Continuing Education Grant?
Assuming that you are fit for the program according to the eligibility criteria mentioned above and on the official PEO Program site, you can apply for the program by filling and submitting Information Form for a Potential PCE Candidate Seeking Chapter Sponsorship.
P.E.O. International Headquarters,
3700 Grand Avenue, Des Moines,
Go, Girl! Grant
GoGirl Grant is an educational grant offered to women by the Girlfriend Factor organization. This organization helps stay-at-home moms and offers scholarships to support women raise through life.
The organization, through their Go, Girl! Grant has helped over 147 local women with nearly $500,000 in grants as they pursue four-year degrees or occupational certifications.
The Girlfriend factor believes in self-sufficiency among women through education and economic advancement. The goal of this institution is to give assistance to women for higher education and occupational training to adult women.
Some of the colleges they have helped women with are – College of the Desert, CSUSB, California Desert Trial Academy, Loma Linda School of Dentistry, Brandman University, and International School of Beauty.
The applications for GoGirl Grant are reviewed and processed in January and July and have to be submitted by December 15 and June 15, respectively. Those applications that are received after these deadlines will be considered for the next processing period.
Eligibility to apply for Go, Girl! Grant
- You must live and go to school in the Coachella Valley, CA.
- You must be 25 years old or older.
- You must be working towards a specific undergraduate degree or occupational certification.
- You need to show how this educational path will prepare you for a specific employment goal.
- You must be able to prove that you have the determination and ability to reach your goals.
- You must be currently enrolled in school in at least two classes.
- You must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. www.fafsa.ed.gov
How to apply for GoGirl Grants?
Assuming that you fit into the eligibility criteria, you can now apply for go girl grants by
- First of all, take a print-off and fill in the grant application.
- Now prepare a one-page autobiography where you will have to enter information about your study course and the cost needed to complete the goal.
- Along with this, you will have to submit 3 references.
- Prepare for a personal interview.
You can send your application to the below address –
The Girlfriend Factor
77734 Country Club Dr. #E
Palm Desert, CA 92211
Women’s Independence Scholarship Program
Women’s Independence Scholarship Program believes that education is a powerful tool and has the potential to breakdown barriers and open the doors to opportunities. As you can guess by the name itself, the program offers financial empowerment through access to higher education for women.
The objective of this program is to help the women survivors of intimate partner abuse to obtain education which will further help them get employment and self-sufficiency with personal independence.
This program is specially targeted towards women who have been survivors of domestic abuse. And hence, their priorities will be single mothers having young children.
Eligibility for New applicant
Given below is the eligibility criteria needed to apply for the Women’s independence scholarship program –
- Identify as a female survivor of intimate partner abuse.
- Be physically separated from her abuser for a minimum of one year but not more than seven.
- Be a citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States, have an immigration status that makes her eligible for FAFSA, and be a current physical resident of the United States or its territories.
- Have applied to or been officially accepted into an accredited course of study at a United States institution.
- I have sought services from a non-profit agency that provides services to survivors of intimate partner abuse for a minimum of 6 consecutive months. This agency is willing to act as a sponsor by mentoring and providing support to the student throughout her educational experience. It can accept funds on behalf of the applicant, should a scholarship for living expenses be awarded.
- Demonstrate a critical need for financial assistance.
- Exhibit a strong desire and the ability to complete a training and/or academic program.
- Have a definite plan to use the desired training to upgrade skills for career advancement, to train for a new career field, or to enter or reenter the job market.
The program awards scholarships ranging from $500- $2,000 each semester or quarter. As of now, the applications are closed. The new applications will reopen in January 2022.
Jeanette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund
Jeanette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Fund (JRF) offers scholarships and financial support for low income women aged 35 years and older across the USA with the objective to build better lives through higher education. The fund stands with the vision – Educated women power the World.
Jeannette Rankin, a social and racial justice advocate, guides the spirit of this fund with the views of embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion. The program has helped more than 3 million through its scholarship programs till the year 2019.
This national organization offers scholarships and assistance to low-income women of age 35 and above. The Scholarships provided under this program are renewable for up to 5 years and are distributed directly to the recipient.
Eligibility for JRF Scholarship
- A woman, age 35 or older
- Low-income (based on income guidelines listed below)
- A U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
- Pursuing a technical or vocational education, an associate’s degree, or a first bachelor’s degree.
- Enrolled in or accepted to a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution.
Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Award – Education Foundation for Low-income Women and Children
The Patsy Takemoto Mink Education Award was started in the year 2003 with the aim to carry on the legacy of Patsy Mink’s commitments for educational access, opportunities, and equity for low-income women, especially mothers. The organization can help each low-income mother with over $5000 to pursue their education.
Eligibility for Patsy Mink Education Award
Given below are the essential criteria one must follow in order to be eligible for the scholarship. The Applicant must be a –
- Woman, at least 17 years of age.
- Mother, with minor children.
- Pursuing a first vocational degree/certificate, a first associate’s degree; a first bachelor’s degree; or a first professional/master’s/doctoral degree.
- Enrolled in a not-for-profit, accredited institution or program in the U.S. during the 2020-21 academic year. Not sure if your institution is not-for-profit?
- Low-income (all annual family income less than $20,000 for a family of 2; less than $24,000 for a family of 3; less than $28,000 for a family of 4)
Soroptimist Live Your Dreams Award
Soroptimist Live Your Dreams Award is an education grant for women that will provide them with the basic financial support for their families. The ‘live your dreams’ award helps women reach their goals by improving education, skills as well as employment opportunities.
Soroptimist Live your Dreams award distributes over $ 2.8 million for education to over 1,700 women all across the globe. The institution especially helps women who have been through domestic violence, sexual assault, trafficking, or come through hindrances like teen pregnancy, alcohol or drug addiction, poverty, etc.
The recipients of the award can get over $1,000 to $16,000 grants for education, where club-level recipients receive an average of $1,000 from the local Soroptimist club. The region-level recipients can get over $3,000 – $5,000, and the international finalists can get over 10,000 dollar award.
Eligibility for Soroptimist Live your Dreams award.
A women is eligible for Soroptimist Live your Dreams award if she –
- Provides the primary financial support for herself and her dependents, which can include children, spouse, partner, siblings, and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas, or immediate family of either
1709 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-6103
Phone – 215-893-9000
Fax – 215-893-5200
Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Society of Women Engineers Scholarship
As the name itself suggests, the Society of Women Engineers Scholarship offers financial support to those who are studying engineering, engineering technology, and computer science in community college, baccalaureate, or graduate programs.
Talking of the year 2020, the SWE Scholarship program has awarded over 260 new and renewed scholarships, which total up to over $1,000,000. This scholarship is awarded in May for sophomore, junior, senior, and graduate students and in July for freshman students.
Accordingly, one can fill the application for the scholarship from December 1, 2020, to February 15, 2021. And freshman applications follow the dates from March 1, 2021 to May 1, 2021.
Eligibility Criteria –
- Only candidates who identify as a female/woman.
- Undergraduate/community college applicants must be planning to study an ABET-accredited program in engineering, technology, or computing in the upcoming academic year.
- Masters and Ph.D. candidates must be enrolled or accepted at a school with ABET-accredited programs in engineering, computing, or technology.
- You must be planning to attend full-time (exceptions are made for reentry and non-traditional applicants).
- You must not be fully funded for tuition, fees, and books, or equivalent.
- Transcripts must be in English.
How to Apply for SWE Scholarship program?
- Assuming that you are eligible for this program by considering the above eligibility criteria, go to the Register Now page of SWE.
- Login to your account using the Username and Password.
- Now fill in the profile information.
- Check your Email for Confirmation.
- Fill out the next step of the form and confirm your application.
I hope you have all found the above Grants For Stay At Home Moms helpful. Being a mom, especially the one studying while taking care of her child and also being an independent woman, isn’t a cakewalk. However, it should neither be a privilege to a few.
And this is where many NGOs, private and government organizations, and funding institutions come into the picture. They offer help in the form of financial assistance for women who are seeking to access higher education and become independent.
I hope that with the help of the above guide, you could see where all you can get grants for single mothers, education grants for women, and so on. In case there are any other such organizations and scholarship programs that we haven’t mentioned above, do make sure to let us know in the comments below. Your one comment can help many achieve their dreams.
Keep visiting us for more such helpful articles!