As we all are aware, a growing number of people want to stay connected and do business online. Thanks to technological advancements, we can now stay in touch with the people we care about.
However, what about individuals who are unable to afford internet access during the epidemic or those who don’t even have a mobile phone to stay in touch? The FCC established a temporary government assistance program known as Emergency Broadband Benefit to address this issue.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program is a government-backed program that provides eligible low-income households with free or discounted access to high-speed Internet and other telecommunications services.
A monthly discount of up to $50 was provided by the program to eligible households. On eligible tribal reservations, $75. Additionally, an EBB member supplier may offer eligible households a one-time device discount of up to $100. However, they had to put more than $10 but less than $50 into the deal.
EBB was created in 2009 to help promote economic growth and job creation in the United States by helping low-income households connect to the Internet. Since its inception, EBB has provided more than 8 million low-income households in all 50 states and the District of Columbia with free or discounted access to high-speed Internet and other telecommunications services.
On December 31, 2021, the EBB program will be phased out. However, the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) has replaced it. Similar to the defunct EBB scheme, the FCC’s Lifeline program offers benefits permanently. except for the brand-new ACP program.
iPhones seem to be the most popular mobile gadgets as they are more stylish and have more functions than their rivals, a lot of individuals have the same question that whether they can get a free iPhone from the government or not. This article will discuss whether or not this is feasible as well as other crucial details on iPhones that are given out by the government programs.
You must fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for this initiative:
Revisit a section
- You must be a resident of one of the states where they conduct business.
- You need to be qualified for Lifeline and ACP.
- Member must participate in a government assistance program that is acceptable, such as Medicaid, WIC, Lifeline, SSI, SNAP, or Government Public Housing Assistance.
Your income is below or equivalent to 135% of the federal poverty line.
- In the most recent award year, you must have received a Federal Pell Grant.
- A participant must be eligible for a low-income program that is currently being offered by a participating provider.
- Candidate must be qualified to receive benefits from the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including via the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019–2020, 2020–2021, or 2021–2022 academic year.
- You were one of those people who had lost their job or source of income as of February 29, 2020. Additionally, if your salary was under $99000, you are eligible for this program’s free iPhone offer.
Documents Needed To Get A Free iPhone From EBB Program
Following your application, the provider is required to confirm your details and determine your eligibility for the program. You will be required to submit supporting paperwork if they are unable to verify your eligibility. The documents you must attach are determined by your eligibility requirements. The following documents are acceptable:
- If you are an applicant with a limited budget. You must provide a copy of your most recent federal or state income tax return. They also display the three most recent pay stubs.
- If you’re a candidate. Provide evidence of your ongoing participation in any government assistance program. A membership card or a cover letter from the company may be added.
- Divorce judgment
- A paycheck stub or most recent income statement from your employer
- A declaration of benefits for Social Security
- Statement of Benefits for Unemployment Insurance or Workers’ Compensation
- A statement of pension or retirement benefits
- The reward for child support
- To confirm your participation in an eligible assistance program, you might be required to affix an official document with your full legal name, the name of the organization that provided the report, the name of the program, and an issue date within the previous year.
The following documents are acceptable: Verification of benefits letter, and letter of approval.
How To Apply For Free iPhone From EBB Program
It’s easy to apply for a free iPhone through the government or any ACP/Lifeline program. The following actions are all that are necessary:
- Find out if you qualify for ACP/Lifeline.
- Research ACP/Lifeline service providers in your state (ideally one that provides free government iPhones).
- Find their online application form on their website once you’ve selected the best service.
- Fill out the online application form completely, including any necessary documentation or information.
- Send your online application, and give the provider some time to let you know whether you’ve been accepted.
Step 1. Verify that you fulfill all qualifying conditions.
As was already said, it is significant to remember that the Cintex wireless EBB program’s eligibility conditions vary according to the state. Some of the fundamental needs, though, are similar to those listed above. You can contact Cintex wireless customer care to find out the specific requirements in your state and to check your eligibility. If you satisfy their requirements, move on to the following step:
Step 2. Enroll in the EBB program
Visit the official Cintex Wireless website to enroll in their EBB program. You must enter your email, zip code, full name, date of birth, social security number, and other information to sign up. then select “sign up now”
Step 3. Apply according to your state
After that, you’ll be taken to the state’s online application page. Please enter your contact information and eligibility documentation here. Selecting your iPhone, preferable plan, and preview should be done afterward. This is to make sure you’ve given true and legitimate information and documentation. After you’ve gone over everything, submit your application.
Step 4. Wait for the Verdict
The national verifier will review and certify your documents after you’ve submitted your application form to make sure everything is in order. Usually, this takes 20 to 30 minutes. Verifying the documents, however, could occasionally take up to three days.
Within five business days of Cintex Wireless processing your order and verifying your documents, you’ll receive your free iPhone at your home. Additionally, they will keep you informed about your shipment using the contact information you provided on your application. On the other hand, you will also be informed if your application is refused.
Which Companies Provide Free iPhone EBB Program?
- Cintex Wireless– It is a wireless company that offers Lifeline and ACP services. Eligible customers can apply for and receive a free 4G/5G LTE smartphone from a respected manufacturer, such as Samsung (Galaxy S7) or Apple (iPhone 6s). Additionally, the business will offer eligible households a monthly plan with free calls, text, and data.
Mississippi, Alabama, Alaska, South Carolina, New Jersey, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Georgia, Kentucky, Idaho, Lowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, West Virginia, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, West Virginia, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin residents can receive free iPhones and services from Cintex.
- NewPhone Wireless– Benefits from ACP and Lifeline are also accessible through NewPhone Wireless. Customers who are eligible for the provider’s government assistance program will receive a high-end 5G or 4G smartphone, such as the Samsung Galaxy S7 or the iPhone 6s. Additionally, qualified households will receive a cost-free monthly plan with unlimited talk, text, and data.
Subscribers in Texas, Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, South Dakota, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Delaware, District of Columbia, Minnesota, Idaho, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Nevada, North Dakota, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, New Hampshire, Montana, Vermont, Hawaii, and Texas can receive free iPhones from the government in addition to other ACP and Lifeline benefits.
- SFone Wireless– SFone is a wireless service provider that formerly sold EBBs. Since the free iPhone EBB program ended, the provider’s website hasn’t been updated, so it’s unclear if they’ll also provide an ACP program. If they do, you’ll likely be able to sign up for their ACP program and receive a free iPhone under EBB.
Only a small number of U.S. states currently provide SFone’s services (Arkansas, Maine, Maryland, Rhode Island, and West Virginia), but they want to add more states soon. To offer free services and a free Android or Apple smartphone to eligible subscribers, Cintex Wireless has partnered with SFone’s prior free iPhone program.
Frequently Asked Question.
1. What Is The Most Economical Method Of Getting An iPhone?
- If you want an iPhone for a good deal, check for carrier offers or visit a store with cheap iPhones. Aside from that, buying refurbished iPhones will save you money.
- You can make money by taking surveys.
- Become a freelance marketing advisor.
- Obtaining employment at Apple or another IT firm.
- Utilizing Amazon Vine to participate in the free iPhone under EBB program and receive an iPhone.
- Participating in a gift contest.
A free iPhone 6S GSM with 16GB of storage, 14 hours of talk time, and a 4.7-inch touchscreen is available through the free iPhone under EBB program.
For clients in need, all of the main carriers provide the free iPhone under EBB program. Simply signing up for an unlimited package is all that is required. Additionally, you will be able to get an iPhone for free. Before making a decision, though, think about whether you’ll be able to work with the supplier in the long run. since the plans are dependent on contracts. If you breach the agreement before the deadline, you will be subject to a severe penalty.
Several ACP and Lifeline providers now offer eligible low-income households complimentary iPhones. There are still good possibilities for getting a free phone if you don’t meet the requirements for their programs, though. Keep in mind that the majority of those choices might require signing up for a monthly subscription, exchanging an old gadget, paying over time, etc.
I sincerely hope that this article has made it simple for you to purchase a free iPhone. Please share this article with your loved ones who are in need.
I am a government grant writer who helps low income families receive funding from the government. I have a background in writing and research, and I use my skills to help people to find and apply for grants. I also provide guidance on how to use the funding to support their programs and activities.