What do you need more than a good library, experienced teachers, and a free hotspot to excel in projects, assignments, and exams? I think that these are the fundamental things to become a scholar.
But how to access free hotspots? For students like you and me, the US government, broadband companies, and non-government profitable organizations are working actively to provide us with hotspots at free or discounted rates.
Let’s discover how students can get the hotspot of a good internet connection at discounted or free rates through this article. So, read it till the end and don’t miss any information regarding ongoing beneficiary programs for free hotspot for students.
Can I get a free hotspot for students?
Yes, you can get a free hotspot for students if you are eligible for the National School Lunch Program and other benefits like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. Check out more information about the eligibility criteria and application procedure in this article. Also, you will read about the 5 best companies that are offering hotspots for non-eligible students at discounted rates.
How is the ACP program linked with free hotspots for students?
No matter whether you are a student, young man, adult, or senior citizen, the ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) is open to all low-income Americans.
The ACP program has been begun by the federal government instead of the EBB program. This has benefited many low-income households by providing free or discounted broadband connections and free hotspots for students.
Note: Don’t worry if you are not qualified for the ACP benefits. Many broadband companies and NGOs are offering hotspots to students at free or discounted rates on certain parameters.
How can I be eligible for the free hotspot for students scheme?
You can be eligible for the free hotspot for students scheme if you are qualified for the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Alternatively, you can be the beneficiary of this scheme if you are enrolled in any one of the benefits programs, like
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) via P-EBT or EBT
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
- Medicaid or Medical Assistance
- Head Start
- Foster youth, migrant, homeless, or runaway youth
Which broadband companies can benefit from free hotspots for students?
Have you heard of Project 10 Million? If yes, then you know very well how the T mobile broadband company scheme Project 10 Million has connected 10 million students with itself!
You can also be a part of Project 10 Million.
What benefits can you grab after getting connected with Project 10 Million?
- You will get 100 GB of internet per year for 5 consecutive years.
- You will get free shipping on the ordered device.
- You will be lucky to get the free hotspot on your device.
- No need to re-certify yourself for this scheme.
- No annual fee and no annual cost will be imposed on your service.
How to apply for Project 10 Million?
- First of all, open the browser of your phone and go to the website https://www.t-mobile.com/brand/project-10-million.
- Then, tap on Apply Now.
- On the next page, choose the option of parent/guardian.
- Then, you have to fill in your accurate information in the online application form.
- Enter the current address for the delivery of the hotspot along with the email id.
- Next, you will be asked to set up a 4-digit PIN and continue.
- Afterward, you have to enter your school district ID number along with your student number ID.
- Then, you have to upload your proof of eligibility for the National School Lunch Program.
- Alternatively, you can upload your CEP and PEBT certifications.
- Then, tap on Submit.
After submitting the online application, you will get approval within 2-3 hours. Furthermore, you will get a confirmation email on getting the approval. Just click on the link to verify and sign up for the terms and conditions.
How can the school district sign up for Project 10 Million?
School district administrators can submit the application form via the link. After completing the application procedure, the school will get a call from the customer care representative for updating the program details as well as the formal application process. Once the school gets approval on the application, the Project 10 Million team helps the administrators in benefiting eligible students with free hotspots and other services.
Sprint 1 Million
Sprint and Sprint 1 million have helped 1 million students by providing them with free hotspots. You can also be a part of this scheme and get free hotspots without any ado.
What are the eligibility criteria for qualifying for the Spring 1 Million project:
- The students should be enrolled in K-12 school.
- Students who can’t purchase expensive broadband connection plans.
- Multiple children are using only one computer at home.
- Students who can only access dial-up internet at home.
What benefits will you get on qualifying for the Spring 1 Million project?
- You will get 10 GB of high-speed data. If you are using your device, your network should be on the LTE network.
- Once the 10 GB data is used, the free services will not be discontinued. You will get unlimited data on a 2G LTE network.
- Students don’t need to apply each year to renew the policy. This will be continued until the computer course of the NNPS is completed.
- If your device is lost or damaged, you will be given a chance to get it replaced for free.
Have you applied for the benefits of the ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program)? If yes, then you are applying for Access from the AT&T program automatically.
Which benefits can you get through Access from the AT&T program?
- You will get broadband plans of up to $30 per month with a speed of 100 Mbps. No charge is applicable if you are connected with the ACP program.
- No need for an annual contract is for the students.
- You will be able to install the hotspot for free.
How to apply for Access from AT&T?
- Go to the website of Access from AT&T https://m.att.com/shopmobile/internet/access/
- Enter your street address, apartment or unit number, and ZIP code to see the availability of service in your area.
- Fill in the personal details in the application form accurately.
- Then, select your beneficiary program under the ACP benefit and also provide proof of that program.
- Wait for 3-5 days to complete the procedure of reviewing the application.
- Track the status of your application with the help of the confirmation number by going back to the same link: https://m.att.com/shopmobile/internet/access/.
You can choose the Internet Essentials Package of the company Xfinity. Those who have qualified for the ACP benefits can have this package free.
Which benefits can you get after applying for the Xfinity Internet Essentials with ACP benefits?
- You will not be charged USD 9.95 if you choose the Internet Essential package of 50 Mbps. 50 Mbps speed is good for streaming videos, uploading photos, completing assignments and many more tasks. All your monthly bills will be credited by the ACP benefits.
- You will not be charged only USD 29.95 if you choose the Internet Essential Plus package of 100 Mbps. All your monthly bills will be credited by the ACP benefits.
- Enjoy the 5G network in both packages.
- You will be eligible for a free hotspot device without any annual contract for both packages.
How to use Xfinity with the ACP program?
- First of all, pick up a plan on Xfinity. Then, apply for the ACP benefits through Xfinity.
- After being enrolled for the ACP benefits through Xfinity, you will get a monthly credit to your second bill.
Cox Connect 2 Compete package is for those students who are enrolled in K-12 schools and qualified for a government assistance program.
Which benefits will you get if you apply for Cox Connect 2 Compete with the ACP program?
- You will get free internet up to the speed of 100 Mbps.
- You will get a free hotspot device.
- It gives Easy Connect free installation.
Note: If you want to get the benefits of the Connect2Compete without ACP, you will be charged USD 9.95 per month only.
You have to submit the mandatory documentation with the online application form. There is no need to provide a social security number for applying.
I hope that you have found a perfect way to obtain your free hotspot for students. This article has elaborated on every detail in a very good manner so that you will not get any problems in placing an order for hotspots.
Revisit a section